We are a largely volunteer organization that relies on an energetic group of professionals and citizens to run our programs. We share a common interest in landscaping and the careful stewardship of our environment. We have a growing membership that enjoys working together on the diversity of our programming.
If you are interested in our employment or volunteer openings, please e-mail us as specified.
This position requires working in our office approximately 4 hours per week to manage all financial record keeping and perform related administrative tasks.
- Manage electronic financial records using QuickBooks. Track all revenues and expenses using appropriate general ledger and budget categories.
- Pay bills as required and keep organized files of all accounts and transactions.
- Reconcile bank statements and deposits to our accounts, including credit card transactions from our merchant account, checks and cash.
- Reconcile bi-weekly payroll and all associated payments to state and federal tax accounts. Oversee Massachusetts SUI rate assessments and payments.
- Generate monthly financial reports including a balance sheet and R&E statements.
- Issue annual IRS-1099 filings.
- Manage insurance renewal and other periodic administrative details and payments.
- Track all state and federal filings to ensure that they are filed on time.
- Resolve vendor, bank, or payroll issues as needed. Negotiate purchases, and generally ensure that every organizational dollar is carefully spent.
Proficiency with Quick Books, MS Excel, and general accounting practices required. Superior attention to detail, an ability to work independently, and high standards of professionalism, are all essential. Reports directly to the President and Treasurer.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please e-mail Claudia Thompson, President: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We need people to help staff various events. This requires only a few hours of time for one event, or you may help at more events if you choose. If you have a passion for the mission of Grow Native Massachusetts and are someone who enjoys working in public with our membership and program participants, we would appreciate your help. Specific roles include: staffing our membership table at our Evenings with Experts; helping to staff our annual Native Plant Sale; and doing outreach and education at other community events about the importance of native plants. If interested, please e-mail email@example.com.