Protecting Our Water Resources— An Ecological Approach to Land Care and Design
Saturday, November 16, 2013 ~ 8:30am to 12:30pm
This half-day workshop explores the link between water quality protection and land care practices. Free and open to all. Pre-registration is required.
Featured Speaker: Rick Darke
This noted author and horticulturist will discuss:
"Putting Back the Layers: Working with Organic Architecture"
Short Documentary Film:
Saving Paradise: Cape Cod's Water at Risk
- Rich Claytor, Horsley Witten Group ~ Sustainable Environmental Solutions:
Stormwater & Elements of Low Impact Development
- Clarissa Rowe of Brown, Richardson & Rowe Landscape Architects & Planners:
- Kate Venturini, Interim Director, University of Rhode Island Outreach Center:
Regenerating our Local Landscape- Design Cues from Nature
Venue: Chatham Community Center
702 Main Street, Chatham, MA
Organized by the Chatham Conservation Commission and sponsored by:
- Association to Preserve Cape Cod
- Chatham Conservation Foundation
- Chatham Conservation Commission
- Friends of Trees
- Grow Native Massachusetts
Complete Program Details
Register Online or Call 508-945-5164
For a listing of realted events hosted by others actoss the Commonwealth, go to Events Around the State.